Congratulations 2023 Seed Money Recipients!
Seed Money Program Is Now Completed
The Seed Money Application was open from September 13 - September 28. We're happy to share we received 10 applicants, and all received a gift card.
For fall 2023, there were $50 Visa eGift cards available (10 total) to Lead Coordinators to support your agency's campaign efforts. Every state agency, college and university was welcome to apply, and one request per state agency/college/university was permitted.
How can I use the funds?
Use the funds to help promote your department's campaign and encourage donations to the CCC. Some past examples include:
- "Supplies for Chili Cook off, buying "raffle" supplies, paint and sip supplies, gratitude gram/holiday card supplies"
- "The bulk of the funds will be used to help with the monthly raffle basket. Any funds left over will be put towards a end of the month breakfast/coffee cart we will be putting together for October and November."
- "We'd like to have a drawing for a Starbucks gift card each week for anyone who donated."
- "The $50 would go towards a raffle basket. Those who donate through a payroll donation will be placed in the drawing."
- "Prizes for contests focused on the CCC. In the past, prizes have included soup mixes from the Women's Bean Project so as to continue to support the nonprofit community."
- "I would like to provide prize drawings/incentives for new donors or those who are return donors but increase their amount."
- "We will use the gift card to purchase several $5 gift cards and use those as incentives to get people to pledge. Currently our plan is to raffle a weekly $5 gift card open to people who pledged the previous week, and then we would do a separate $5 gift card open to people who have never pledged before."
- "We are having a chili cookoff and need the seed money to purchase cups, spoons and other necessities for the event. Depending on budget, we'd also like to print marketing materials for others in the building to attend and award small prizes for the best chili winners. We hope to have 3 CCC charities attend."
- "We will use the funds to purchase weekly drawings to encourage pledges."
- "The winner of our event gets to choose a "favorite" nonprofit that they would support donating to as part of the CCC. We will use the seed money as a matching fund for that donation to help grease the donation wheels."